Six Flags Case Study
Grand Prairie, TX
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with over $1.0 billion in revenue and 19 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For more than 50 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions.
“Our guests are passionate about our parks—they visited growing up, and now a lot of them bring their kids. They tell us what they think in the hope that we’ll use their feedback to make the park better for their next visit. We work very hard not to let them down. Managers at every level of the organization pore over the data we collect to make both daily operational and long-term strategic decisions.”
Vice President, Insights & Interactive Marketing Six Flags Entertainment Corp.
- Research-driven organization with dozens of in-house clients who act on regular feedback from 24 million guests to optimize daily operations and long-term planning
- Small, hands-on, in-house marketing research team with limited budget
- Needed a solution that was easy to program and administer, friendly for respondents,and flexible enough to handle any kind of online methodology
- Needed easy integration with CRM systems and ability to support a large number of simultaneous respondents
Six Flags uses Qualtrics Research Suite to:
- Create visual-based surveys that engage respondents to provide feedback on areas such as advertising, rides, new products, pricing and the website
- Launch new products such as a new season dining pass, one-of-a-kind thrill rides and water attractions—based on customer habits and preferences
- Replace expensive and time-consuming telephone surveys with e-mail and web surveys with the flexibility to add custom questions on the fly
- Vastly improved the quantity and quality of annual research projects, while significantly reducing the cost of research to the organization
- Improved the quality and actionability of the reporting; better able to leverage data for multiple audiences and operations units within the organization
- Dramatically increased the voice of the customer within the organization: able to collect and process hundreds of thousands of responses each year on a variety of different topics