To set up the Table of Contents:
When you are finished setting it up, click Save Flow to save your Survey Flow’s changes.
- Enter the Survey Flow (on the Edit Survey tab).
- Click the Add a New Element Here button.
- Select Table of Contents.
- Move the Table of Contents element to its appropriate location (click/drag the Move button on the element). Typically, you will want the Table of Contents to be at the beginning of the survey.
- Move the question blocks and other elements into the Table of Contents element. You will know they are in the Table of Contents if they are indented beneath it.
- On the Table of Contents element, enter a title in the Header text field. This is seen by your survey takers.
- Now click Options on the Table of Contents element.
- Determine which options you need and click OK.
- Add Table of Contents introduction message: This allows you to specify an introduction message to show respondents at the beginning of the survey.
- Add Table of Contents conclusion page: At the end of the survey, the Table of Contents will display again showing which question blocks have and have not been answered, allowing the respondent to jump to the unanswered blocks, as well as back to the answered ones. You have the option to display the Default message or create/select your own message from the library.
- Show Sidebar: Displays a box to the left side of the survey. It allows respondents to switch between blocks mid-survey.
- Show Block Progress: In the Table of Contents navigation menu to the left of the questions, a percentage is placed next to each question block. This shows the respondent’s progress through the survey specific to that question block.
- Show Button: Allows you to place a button (you customize the button’s text), below the Next/Submit button, so the respondent can jump back to the Table of Contents menu at any time.
- If using Loop & Merge with the Table of Contents, you can work with a question in or out of the Table of Contents, though typically it is placed within the Table of Contents. The Table of Contents will force the respondent to answer the question block containing the block to loop off of before answering the block that will loop based on the selection made.