Use the collaborate feature to share or co-author a survey with an individual or a group.
The collaborate feature is useful when you would like to allow someone access to your survey but still want to limit their permissions. For example, if you have translators working on your survey, you can collaborate with them and only give them permission to edit the survey, while limiting their permission to view results.
To Use the Collaborate option:
- In My Surveys, find the survey that you want to share.
- To the right of the survey listed, under Tasks, click the Collaborate button.
A screen appears.
- Type the username or email address of the person you would like to share with, or select the individual from the address book. When the account comes up, click it and select Add.
- You can also use the search engine in the upper left-hand corner to find and add names.
- If the person you are collaborating with does not have a Qualtrics Research Suite account, you can send him or her a free one that will allow collaboration. Go to the collaboration page and type in your collaborator’s email address. A special email link will be sent to this address, allowing the recipient to create a special Qualtrics account that can collaborate with you.
- Once you have added an account, you can give the account specific permissions for this survey by checking or unchecking the associated boxes. Clicking on Details will allow you to specify detailed permissions with these options.
- Once you have added the groups or individuals and selected the specific permissions for the account, click Save.
- If the Collaborate button does not appear in your My Surveys tab, it means that you either do not have permission to collaborate or that the survey has been shared with you. Only the original owner of the survey can share it.
- Only academic accounts can collaborate with accounts that are not in their specific brand. If you would like to collaborate outside of your brand, contact your Brand Administrator. If you do not know who your brand administrator is, contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.