Learn how to display images in a question field, answer choice field, Header/footer, or email message.
Please make sure you have permission to use the images you upload into your library for survey use.
- Click on the Rich Text Editor tab.
- Click the Insert Image icon in the upper left-hand corner of the Rich Text Editor toolbar.
- Select a graphic from the library, or use the green button on the right-hand side to upload a new graphic.
- Click Save to insert the image.
Qualtrics allows for batch image uploading using a drag-and-drop interface. Anywhere you can insert an image, you can utilize this drag-and-drop functionality.
To batch upload images:
- Click the Graphics Library icon on the Library tab.
- On your computer, highlight all images you would like to upload.
- Drag the images onto the Graphics Library page. Hover over the category where you want the images placed.
- Click on the answer choice that will contain the graphic.
- Click on the blue drop down menu to the right.
- Select Insert Graphic.
- Select a graphic from the Library or select Upload a New Graphic.
- After the graphic has been inserted, you can click on the graphic to see the options to remove the choice or change the position of the answer text associated with the graphic.
- Question Text: Click the Rich Text Editor button near top left of question text.
- Answer Choice: Click the blue arrow to right of answer choice and select Rich Text Editor.
- Header/Footer: Click Edit next to the Header/Footer area in Look and Feel (Edit Survey>Look and Feel>Advanced).
- Email Messages: Displays on Email Survey page, when scheduling Reminder/Thank You messages, and when scheduling Email Triggers and Report Emails.
- If your graphic does not upload, it may be too large. The limit on file upload size is 16 MB.
- If Width/Height changes when uploading are significant, use an image editing program to edit the image before upload. Photoshop, Pixelmator, Gimp (free), and Paint.Net (free) are a few examples.
- If you insert a graphic that is larger than 770 pixels wide, your skin should expand to accommodate the picture.
- For deleting, editing, and copying graphics, see the Graphics Library section of the Qualtrics University.
- You can also batch upload images from the Edit Survey tab. When you have the Insert Graphic window open, you can drag-and-drop images there just like you can on the Graphics Library page.