When a respondent takes a survey on a mobile device, the system will detect the mobile device and apply a special template to the survey for easier viewing.
Due to some limitations with mobile web browsers, some question types may not work or may be changed to a similar question type to better represent the question on the device.
- Matrix table, Bipolar
- Matrix table, Text Entry
- Matrix table, Constant Sum
- Matrix table, Rank Order
- Drill Down
- Sliding Scale (none of Sliding Scale variations supported)
- Gap Analysis (no Gap Analysis variations supported)
- Pick, Group, and Rank (no PGR variations supported)
- Side by Side
- Timing Question
- Meta Info Question
- Heat Map
- Hot Spot
If you use these question types, the following message will appear to each respondent using a Blackberry: “This question is not supported on your device.”
Question Types altered for use on Blackberry include the following:
- MATRIX TABLE, LIKERT, SINGLE ANSWER—changes to Drop-down menu.
- MATRIX TABLE, LIKERT, MULTIPLE ANSWER—changes to Multiple Select box.
- MATRIX TABLE, PROFILE, DROP-DOWN LIST—changes to Multiple Select box for each row.
- MATRIX TABLE, PROFILE, SINGLE ANSWER—changes to Drop-down.
- MATRIX TABLE, PROFILE, MULTIPLE ANSWER—changes to Multiple Select box.
- CONSTANT SUM, BARS—changes to Constant Sum, Choices, no Total box.
- CONSTANT SUM, CHOICES, HORIZONTAL—changes to Vertical orientation.
- CONSTANT SUM, CHOICES, VERTICAL, MUST TOTAL (VALUE)—displays without Total value.
- RANK ORDER, DRAG AND DROP—changes to Rank Order, Text Box.
- RANK ORDER, RADIO BUTTONS—changes to Rank Order, Text Box.
- RANK ORDER, TEXT BOX, HORIZONTAL—changes to Rank Order, Text Box, Vertical.
- RANK ORDER, SELECT BOX—changes to Rank Order, Text Box, Vertical.
You can test out your survey by selecting the Blackberry template in the Look and Feel library and previewing your survey.
It is not recommended that you use audio or video in your survey if you know many respondents will be using mobile devices. While smart phones and tablets can play many audio and video formats, in most cases a specific codec or player is needed for audio and video to play properly.