About Responses in Progress
The Responses in Progress page shows a list of responses that have been started and not submitted. View, close, or delete these responses.
The following information will be available for each response listed:
- Survey Session ID – See the internal ID Qualtrics uses to track the participant.
- Respondent – The respondent’s name. Only displayed if the survey is not anonymous.
- Start Time – When the participant first clicked on the survey link.
- Last Activity – When the participant last switched pages in the survey.
- Expires – The last date the respondent will be able to access the survey if they don’t access their link again.
- Last Question – The last question the participant answered.
Closing or Deleting Responses in Progress
- Locate the response you would like to close or delete using the Response Search Criteria or by manually searching the responses.
- Check the box on the left of the response.
- At the top of the Response List, select Delete to delete the response or Close Responses to close the response and move it over to Recorded Responses.
Note: If you choose to close your responses, make sure that the Partial Completion section (in Edit Survey>Survey Options) is not set to “Do not record partially completed surveys.”
- Qualtrics doesn’t save empty responses, so if a participant hasn’t answered any questions and you close their response, it won’t be saved in Recorded Responses.
- Current respondents get priority. If you ever manually close a response and it says Pending Close rather than moving directly to your Recorded Responses, this is because the system is busy processing active responses that are being finished at the same time.
- To download your responses in progress while in the Responses in Progress area, just click the Download Responses button.