Generate a Retake Survey link that will allow you or the respondent to go back into a survey response and edit it after it has been submitted.
To issue a Retake Survey Link:
- Find the response for which you would like to issue a Retake Survey Link. Responses are found in the Recorded Responses section of the View Results tab.
- Click the Actions drop-down arrow on the right of the response.
- To have the edited response replace the original response, select Retake Survey.
- To have the edited response be saved in addition to the original response, select Retake Survey as New Response.
- The Retake Survey link can be used either by the researcher (yourself) or the respondent to edit the particular response. When opened, the survey will be populated with all previous answers and the answers can be changed as you progress through the survey.
- If you have a large group of people you would like to take the survey a second time and you want to collect new responses in addition to the old responses, then you will not use the Retake Survey Link. Distribute the survey again through the Qualtrics mailer or with the Anonymous Survey Link.
- If you are using an anonymous link, then the respondents can just click on the survey link again to take the survey a second time. If they get a message telling them they have already taken the survey, then they will need to clear the cache of their browser before taking it again.