Creating a hyperlink to an HTML file stored in the File Library | XM Community
Solved

Creating a hyperlink to an HTML file stored in the File Library

• 15 May 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,
Is it possible to create a hyperlink within a survey that refers to an HTML file stored in the File Library and when a respondent clicks on the link, it displays the HTML page (on a new window) instead of downloading it?

icon

Best answer by rondev 15 May 2020, 20:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hosting HTML page in qualtrics library and rendering it on browser is not possible.
Either convert the html page to pdf and upload this in qualtrics library or host it on some other hosting sites.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @rondev , @rarcega 

I’ve run into this problem too and just wondering if there has been any other thought on this.  My requirement is to create a simple redirect page for the logout process (as we’re moving over to Single Sign On) just saying you’ve been logged out of Qualtrics and then provide a hyperlink to a webpage.  I’m struggling to host this html file / page and so looking for ways round this.

I’ve so far tried using an image instead which works but the problem is you can’t control the page nor provide a hyperlink etc.

I did also think about hosting a public dashboard and using the link for that.  Are there any thoughts on that route?  Normally you’d want a clean URL address when doing redirects.  That’s the only drawback I can think of.

Any thoughts most welcome

Thanks

Rod

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

update…. just tried a public report (from an empty survey) and it looks ok but the problem is you have an annoying link to down it as a pdf and zoom controls top left but also links are disabled - you can’t click on it. so back to the drawing board!

This is the little report.  (dashboards won’t work as they are not public facing but report in surveys can be public facing):

Any thought most welcome

Thanks

Rod Pestell

Leave a Reply