Checking if a respondent's embedded data matches one of the choices in a question | XM Community
Question

Checking if a respondent's embedded data matches one of the choices in a question

• 16 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I have an embedded data (e.g. DBCC) that contains a number from 1 to 11 representing 11 credit cards. I have a question that asks the respondent which credit card he/she is owns. There are 11 credit card choices and the question is a multi-select. How can I check if DBCC is one of the selected choices? I have to terminate any respondents that did not select the card that they actually own.

The next set of questions after this screener now refers to the actual card they own. For example, "How satisfied or dissatisfied are you with the [PIPE DBCC Name here]. How can I pipe the name given that I only have numbers on the embedded data?

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi rarcega ,
You are capturing the respondent credit details(in number) in embedded data so you can check the value if it is consist in selected questions choices recode value using survey flow branch logic(contains).

1. Respondent details captured in embedded data(eg. DBCC) in survey flow

2. Keep the recode value of survey questions as per the numbers capture in embedded data

3. Capture the recode value of survey questions in embedded data(eg. surveyDBCC)

4. Use the branch logic to check if the DBCC value is consist in surveyDBCC

5. Terminate if it not found in the surveyDBCC

For next step: you need to write branch logic(total 11 ) in survey flow to check the number & set the associate credit card name in embedded data.

Leave a Reply