Is there a way to format a question like the NPS questions format (see pic) with JavaScript? | XM Community
Solved

Is there a way to format a question like the NPS questions format (see pic) with JavaScript?

• 20 May 2020
  • 8 replies

Hi there,
I'm hoping someone here can help as I cannot work it out.
I am not interested in NPS score but I am using a 0-10 point scale in my survey and would like to format the question like the NPS.
Is there a way to do this using JavaScript?
Or perhaps I could just edit the NPS question text & labels (and ignore the NPS specific labelling in the data output ("detractor", "promotor" etc).
Thanks!
image.png

icon

Best answer by TomG 20 May 2020, 14:01

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi Celine
You could use the Multiple choice question type in horizontal position to achieve the same format as NPS.

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Celine,
Your second idea, editing the NPS question and labels and ignoring detractor/promotor data, is the best and easiest solution.

Thanks @PraDeepKotian_Ugam and TomG ! Really appreciate the suggestions.
@PraDeepKotian_Ugam, I did try that but it allows me to either only have labels (not at all likely, extremely likely) or the number labels (0, 1, 2...) - not both as in the NPS format.
I might just go with the editing the NPS question, it shouldn't mess up the data format, I hope.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I'm trying to do the same thing except I need to add a "No Experience" option after the "10" when I do so it adds a scroll bar to the responses (see below), which I'd like to remove. Is there a way to edit/format the answer choice boxes to fit all on one line? I would use the NPS and edit except I do need to add the extra answer option. Open to any ideas/suggestions. Thanks!
Currently using multiple choice, horizontal, single
image.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

sam325 ,
You can't use NPS because it is limited to 11 choices (0-10).
With a MC, you can reduce the label padding and margin w/ CSS or JS to squeeze more choices in.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

TomG Thanks for the response. Where do I put the code (question or answer choices) and what code should I use? Is there a site or list of steps to implement on this site or elsewhere? I've never done it before so not sure where to look. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

sam325 ,
Try adding this JS to your question:
Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnload(function() {
jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" label.SingleAnswer").css("padding","5px");
});

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks TomG! It worked perfectly!

Leave a Reply