How can you resize the background picture to adjust it for phones? | XM Community
Question

How can you resize the background picture to adjust it for phones?

• 22 May 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello,
I am new to Qualtrics. I am having real hard time, as I have selected a background picture, which looks cool on a computer and on the phone preview Qualtrics provides, but gets resized every time I test the survey on an actual phone. Is there any way to maintain the size of the background picture? I just want it resized for a phone format without have it ridiculously zoomed.
Best,
Alex

6 replies

Badge

I would suggest reading this article. According to the article you should choose a large, high resolution picture which will automatically adjust to the screens.
Survey Theming - Qualtrics SupportGood luck!

Userlevel 2

Hi,

Thanks for that. The picture I use makes no difference 😕 . It does not automatically adjust. It centres on the middle and looks overly zoomed in. I have tried different CSS but need some help :(
A.

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Comment deleted - I misinterpreted the question.

Userlevel 2

Ok, where do I insert this in my script above?
It's one of my pics that I uploaded to the library so I assume I will copy that url in there.
Will that resize and centre specifically on the left on iphones? I assume I need to keep the CSS I did developed as that one seems to work on all phones but iphones...
Sorry I am real dumb at this :)

Userlevel 2

Here is the question I asked where I included all details:
https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/10287/how-can-you-centre-the-background-on-the-left-on-mobiles-see-preview#latest

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

AlexPanic - Sorry, I missed that it was for a background image. I've deleted my previous comment.
Edit - potential answer provided in the thread linked above.

Leave a Reply