Having multiple people respond to one survey before submitting? | XM Community
Solved

Having multiple people respond to one survey before submitting?

• 22 May 2020
  • 4 replies

Hello,
I am working on a qualtrics survey where a general admin would retrieve the survey from a website. They would then fill parts of it out and pass it along to another person in their company (for example an engineer) to fill out, that person would then pass it along to another person (for example a facilities manager for the building) and fill it out and so on until all the sections are complete, it is sent back to the admin for review and submitted.
I know there is a retake survey link in "data and analysis" but I would like all these to be completed before the response is submitted, and without the survey developer knowing who needs to fill out what.
For example, if at the top of my survey it could have a message that says "when you are completed with you sections, send this link onward" that would them keep going on until the survey is completed, sent back to the admin and submitted.

icon

Best answer by MatthewM 26 May 2020, 14:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi Shira,
As you might already suspect, there is no built-in feature in Qualtrics that facilitates the completion of a single survey by multiple people. Your best option, which you already seem to be leaning towards in your last paragraph, is to simply add directions to the survey that guide the respondent on what you want them to do and hope that they follow correctly.

MatthewM Thank you! If they sent the survey to someone else, will the answers still be populated. For example, if person A fill outs the first half of the survey and then send its to Person B, what would they have to send to ensure person B is able to see person A's answer.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

As long as you are using Individual survey links sent by email, or Personal links, the responses should be retained from the section that has been completed when the next respondent resumes the survey.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Alternatively, could you have a survey question ask for the name and email address of the next person you need to take the survey and utilize the distribute survey survey task under actions? You would have to pipe in the responses from that question to set the new recipient. You would also have to create a second (or third, fourth, etc...) survey, but you can store responses from the previous surveys as embedded data fields as part of that distribute survey task.
Depends on how much you want to rely on respondents to follow instructions.

Leave a Reply