Is it possible to randomize a set of blocks but apply a questionnaire after every third block? | XM Community
Solved

Is it possible to randomize a set of blocks but apply a questionnaire after every third block?

I have a set of 33 blocks with different visual material and want to display them in a randomized order. However, I want to make sure that the questionnaire I designed is displayed after exactly every third block.
I was thinking about making 11 randomizers and set randomly present to 3 with evenly presented elements, then put a block with the questionnaire between each randomizer. I want to make sure that every time a participant performs the "experiment", across all 11 randomizers each block is displayed exactly once, not more and not less. But after playing around with it for a while I believe this is not gonna work.
Can anyone help me out here? I am a total rookie with qualtrics, so I'd highly appreciate your help here! 😉 If you need any more information please let me know!
Best regards!

icon

Best answer by rondev 24 May 2020, 14:27

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The approach you took is correct, but need few changes. Create 33 embedded data one for each block(b1, b2, b3......) and set its value to false at the start of survey.
Now in the randomiser, add branch logic for block 1 as if b1 is false, if it is then inside branch logic update b1 to true and then show block 1. Similarly do for other blocks. So in all a single randomizer will have 33 branch logic, and each branch logic will have two elements - 1. update of respective embedded data to true, 2. respective block. Put 3 in show random item box.
Duplicate this randomizer 11 times. and add questionnaire after every 3rd block.

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/25720#Comment_25720This worked just perfect! Thank you!

Leave a Reply