Importing answers from one survey to another | XM Community
Question

Importing answers from one survey to another

• 26 May 2020
  • 1 reply

I'm currently writing a bachelor's degree in which partially involves Price Sensitivity Measurements (PSM), and i included 4 questions regarding PSM, in a bigger survey.
However, i just discovered that Qualtrics has its own dedicated PSM survey (Pricing Study Van Westendorp).
My main survey has over 600 respondents, and i was wondering if there is any way I can transfer the replies for those 4 questions in the main survey, into the dedicated PSM-survey? It would make my life about 300 times easier.
Screenshot 2020-05-26 at 12.04.50.png

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Go to the new Qualtrics PSM survey, Data & Analysis, Export & Import, Export Data, Export a csv file with no data (let's call this file destination.csv), then go to your original PSM survey, Data & Analysis, Export & import, Export Data, Export a csv file with your 600 responses (let's call it source.csv). Open both csv side by side in 2 Excel instance, then copy and paste the data that you want to transfer from source.csv to destination.csv. then save the destination.csv. Go back to the new Qualtrics PSM survey, Data & Analysis, Export & Import, Import Data, and import the destination.csv back into the Qualtrics PSM survey.

Leave a Reply