Formatting dates in my Qualtrics CX Dashboards | XM Community
Question

Formatting dates in my Qualtrics CX Dashboards

Hello Experts,
In my scenario I am taking date from an API and want to show it in my dashboard.
I have an embed field(String Type) in which I am storing it , If I choose "Date" Type in Embed field then it is not visible in Data & Analysis tab.
Also I am using Javascript to convert this String to Date, But still its not visible in Dashboard.
In Dashboard I am trying to set Format for both these field but it is still not visible.
I went through these 2 links & formatted dates as mentioned below:
Date Field Format (CX) - Qualtrics Supporthttps://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/7523/importing-date-filed-with-different-format
Dates & format I tried:
May 22, 2020 8:17 AM -- MM dd, yyyy K:m a
May 22, 2020 -- MM dd,yyyy
Fri May 22 2020 08:17:00 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time)-- E M dd yyyy kⓂs zZ
2020-05-22T02:47:00.000Z - Not sure
None of it is working, Can anyone please help on this?
Thanks & Regards,
Sarthak Srivastava

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi Sarthak ,
In my case I had the same problem and it was not appearing in the data and analysis.. so i have tried using the date format of Qualtrics metadata date i.e using yyyy-mm-dd format. And mapping the same date format in dashboard.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/10217/formatting-dates-in-my-qualtrics-cx-dashboardsHi Sarthak

what is the format of your date source..?
any date retrieved from external system will not be identified in terms of format as same as metadate dates of Qualtrics..
Thus, simply try to find the correct format used in the 'date' source and apply the same in dashboard mapping of fields. if you apply the date as a 'text' field, it will show all the dates in a list not date intervals.
in case you could not find the correct date format, report the sample of your date to Qualtrics support and they will provide the right format for you..

Best Regards,
Muqaibil

Hello Muqaibil ,
The date format from the source is:
May 22,2020 8:17 AM, I am taking this as Text in embed field and converting to Date in Dashboard using this format- MM dd,yyyy K:m a
Is this correct?

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi Sarthak

Yes in terms of the process followed but not sure about the used format..
based on the mentioned example , try MMM dd, yyyy h:m a as you are already applying the AM/PM difference in the data source..

BR,
Muqaibil

Leave a Reply