Email respondents their responses after the fact? | XM Community
Solved

Email respondents their responses after the fact?

I assume this is not possible, but better to ask and make sure... Is it possible to email respondents a copy of their response long after the response has been recorded? I know how to do this on the front end using an email trigger, but that step was not taken in this instance and we're looking for a way to do this efficiently and retroactively now.

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by rondev 27 May 2020, 04:03

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

One of the possible way is to send the response PDF.
Create a mailing list with email id and their respective response id as contact embedded data.
Now in email body create response pdf link as below:
 https://DATA_CENTER_ID.qualtrics.com/CP/Report.php?SID=SURVEY_ID&R=PIPE_IN_RESPONSE_ID
Now distribute this email without survey link

Thanks for the quick reply.
To be clear, I simply use that response pdf link exactly as it appears in the text you provided? As the recipient, I would see a link and that would take me to... a copy of my own response based on the response ID Qualtrics generated when I completed the survey initially?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Yes, it will take you to the response summary pdf, just change the data center id, survey id, response id in the link.

Thanks a million. I got that to work, though the response summary is not nearly as attractive as the one generated via the individual "Actions>Export to PDF" summary. This may very well have to do, though. Thanks again for this option; much appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You can try different types of response summary pdf layout by adding url parameters shown here

Thanks - this may just work. Super helpful.

Leave a Reply