Qualtrics MCQ scoring | XM Community
Solved

Qualtrics MCQ scoring

Hi, I would like to use qualtrics to generate a student quiz (multiple choice) where the quiz is scored (this is the easy part). BUT i would like the students to get repeat attempts at the same question with the score decreasing with each incorrect attempt i.e. correct 1st attempt = 4 points, 2nd = 2 points, 3rd = 1 point and so on. The scoring isnt so key as this can be done manually on attempts tried. I would like to be able to allow multiple attempts at the same question until correct answer is clicked. Only then will Qualtrics proceed to the next question, having looked at scoring and skip logic I am not sure this is possible - Any advice?

icon

Best answer by TomG 28 May 2020, 17:56

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

You can repeat (copy) the question as many times as needed. Add display logic to only display the copy if the answer to the preceding question was incorrect and modify the scoring on the copy to award fewer points.

Brilliant thanks Tom, I was going down this route and hit a hurdle. I will have another go based on this....

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I am trying figure out how to score a 10 point quiz. If they get the answer correct the first time they get 2 points for each question but if they get it right for the second time they get 1 point. My problem is that the second time adds to the 10 point possible because you cannot do if statements or branching unless you are doing custom coding. Is that what you are doing on yours?

Leave a Reply