How to change the default message text on 'Force Response' | XM Community
Solved

How to change the default message text on 'Force Response'

• 28 May 2020
  • 7 replies

Is there anyway to change the default message of force response from "Please answer this question" to other customized text in one area?
FR.pngIs it only thru JavaScript? Can someone share the script if possible?
I am afraid that if it is possible, I have to add to all of my questions.

icon

Best answer by ana_velez 28 May 2020, 20:50

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

Hi!!

you can do it in the survey options menu. under use custom validation messages and then you select new message...

image.png this window appears and you create or add a validation for the option require response

let me know if you can solve this!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Add the below code in header, it will be applicable to all your questions, no need to add at each question,
Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnReady(function()
{
jQuery (".ValidationError").html('');
jQuery (".ValidationError").append("Your custom error message");
});

Badge

Hi SurajK
This code applies the change to all the questions which contains validation in the survey. Can I change the error message of the specific question without changing the error message of the other questions in the survey? Any help will be appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/26979#Comment_26979Check here.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Sugra - Yes, we can. Please use the above code on the specific question level where you want to change the default error message with custom one.

Badge

Thanks, it has worked for me :)

Badge

We are providing a custom Spanish language option for our survey and would like to custom provide the Spanish version of the error message. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Leave a Reply