Looking for a good free-ish(!) graphical (wysiwyg) HTML editor tool | XM Community
Question

Looking for a good free-ish(!) graphical (wysiwyg) HTML editor tool

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,

I thought I would add a question here to ask for recommendations on the tools that people use to analyse, edit and manipulate HTML code. I am very much a beginner, I've had no training as such so I'm just picking it up as I go along. I'd like to find a tool that will allow me to plug in a URL address (and not have to worry about copying any source code or css stuff) and be able to click on an element and drag them about and see the resulting changes in the code in order to then plug it in a css script or use jQuery() to manipulate it. The Chrome developer tool gets you half way there but you can't drag an element around and resize it so you are left guessing what code you need to use.

I'd be grateful if people could reply with examples of what they use and whether they meet the criteria I'm looking for:
1) provide a URL address and not have to copy any source code or css
2) to be able to drag an element, adjust its size and position etc. and see what properties and code have changed).
Thanks in advance

Rod Pestell
PS, anyone learnt how to stop this annoying double line spacing formatting yet when writing in this community?!

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +20

Just curious if you ever found something that does what you mentioned above?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @KOgles,

No, afraid not. I'm using a mixture of MS Word, a website called https://htmlcodeeditor.com/ and some other jsfiddle sites at present. Not a very efficient way at all. I'm still searching but if anyone else can advise that would be really helpful. It's even more important when you're trying to test things on a mobile or tablet as quite often what Qualtrics displays doesn't always show up the same way.
Thanks
Rod Pestell

Leave a Reply