Text Analysis Functionality | XM Community
Solved

Text Analysis Functionality

• 5 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

Hello,
I was wondering if Qualtrics XM had the following functionalities for text analysis:
1) Wildcard searching. This has been brought up on a couple of posts previously but I can not see an answer. Is there a way to conduct a wildcard search and if not, can this be added as a feature request? For example Covid* would then return covid, covid19, covid-19 etc.
2) Is there a way to filter comments with less than 2 words. For example, many of our responses on ways to improve our service are simply "-" or "all good" or "no". If I search for any of those terms in a query it will return every comment where a hyphen or the word no appears. Would there be a way to build a query so I could search for certain words with nothing else in the response? Or, could I set up a query that filters out all comments with 2 words or less, as these will not be relevant to the question being asked?
3) When adding words to a ready-built query, it would be useful to see what comments are going to be added to the topic before I click ok. This would allow me to review the new comments before they are saved under the new topic, so if they are not relevant I know not to go ahead with adding that word. Is there a way to get all new responses to jump to the top of the response list, or be highlighted, or have some indication that these are the new responses that will be added so they are easier to review?
If the features above are not currently in XM is there a way they can be added?
Thanks,
Amy

icon

Best answer by MaiaH 8 July 2020, 19:21

View original

1 reply

Badge +1

Hi Amy, there isn't currently a way to perform wildcard searched within Text iQ. If you haven't already, please consider posting this functionality as a Product Idea on Community! The same is true for filtering for comments with a particular number of words within the comment.
Concerning the last point, we should be able to see in the list of comments that are generated under the search query, which of those have the existing topic tagged to the comment and which do not. There is not currently a way to filter out those that would be specifically added to the topic, although Text iQ should indicate how many more/fewer comments will be added to the topic overall!
If you have any further questions on Text iQ capabilities, please feel free to contact our Support Team! 🙂

Leave a Reply