Weekly product release notes are moving to Wednesday mornings | XM Community

Weekly product release notes are moving to Wednesday mornings

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

We will now be posting release notes on Wednesday mornings (PST) instead of Mondays. Thank you for your understanding!

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

What day are the actual releases on?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi Eric_A - Qualtrics does not have a pre-determined release schedule. Our Engineering teams continuously update our production systems, running through thousands of test cases across multiple stages to ensure quality. We make a case-by-case decision for when to release new features

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Thanks for the clarification.
The reason I ask is because having the release notes published on Mondays is, to me, slightly more useful than publishing on Wednesdays. If the release notes are published on Mondays, I, as a SysAdmin, can tell our users "These are the new things that should be available this week, be on the lookout for them."
However, with the notes moving to Wednesday, there's a chance, particularly since releases can happen at any time, that our users will come across a new feature and not know that it was supposed to be coming. They'll then reach out to my team, which requires us to research, either by using the Qualtrics documentation (which may or not be updated immediately), or by contacting Qualtrics Support, or both.
(Obviously, I'm not privy to your internal discussions about the timing of the publication of the release notes, and I'm sure there are good reasons for moving to Wednesday. I'm just voicing an opinion as one customer, in case that helps to influence the decision.)

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thank you for providing product updates. I really appreciate it. I used to find updates at this page: https://www.qualtrics.com/product-updates/
Is that product update page no longer in use?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Eric_A Thank you for the context! We need to make the change in cadence from Mondays to Wednesdays based on internal needs
uhrxx005 Good question. That page is still in use! We are updating it soon to reflect that it's more of a roadmap, since it gives a list of features that are upcoming, and to clarify that updates are monthly. It's not as detailed on what launched as the weekly release notes here in community, but it has more detail regarding what's currently in preview & what's coming down the line

Leave a Reply