Make a single pdf of submitted pdfs for physics exam | XM Community
Solved

Make a single pdf of submitted pdfs for physics exam

• 14 June 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello, I don't know if this is the right board for my problem. I suspect the solution will require interaction with the API, so I placed it here. I've done some digging and experimenting on this, but hopefully I can get an answer or workaround on this.
I'm a physics instructor at a university, and I am attempting to use Qualtrics to administer my final exam due to COVID-19. So far, Qualtrics offers far and away the most customizability, and I've been able to figure out how to do everything I want to customize.
However, I can't find any customizability for student reports. I'm sure there must be a solution, so I'm asking here.
For my exams, I want to administer six sections on different physics topics. On each section, students need to handwrite their solutions to the physics problems, and upload as a file (preferably a pdf). Qualtrics handles that part great.
Then I want to make a pdf for each student, where the pdf is made of the submitted pdfs of their answers. Not links to where I can find those pdfs, but the submitted pdfs themselves, collated as one pdf document. This one pdf I'm going to upload to our grading system.
Is there a simple way to do this using the Qualtrics functionality? I'm not looking forward to opening 222 links, downloading 222 pdfs, then dragging 222 thumbnails around in preview.
Thank you,
Reece

icon

Best answer by rondev 14 June 2020, 23:18

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Merging of PDFs is not possible in qualtrics, you need to develop a web service which will accept the links of pdfs and merge it into one and return the new URL of single pdf. And then use qualtrics web service to call it.

Oh well, thanks for answering. I guess it's back to Sakai

Leave a Reply