Is there a way to add custom validation to ensure that an end date is not earlier than a start date? | XM Community
Question

Is there a way to add custom validation to ensure that an end date is not earlier than a start date?

• 15 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

I have a question looking for the start and end dates of two most recent exercises. Right now I'm using the dd/mm/yyyy validation for text entry side-by-side questions but I need to limit this so that:

1. end date is later than start date

2. second most recent exercise does not start later than the most recent exercise

I'm only interested in the month and year but I can't find a validation for MM/YYYY. In addition, I'd like to give respondents the option of indicating if the most recent exercise is still ongoing. Is there a solution to this?

3 replies

I am looking for a similar solution.

I have two text boxes one with start date and one with end date, on both text boxes i checked the content validation for date. How do I make sure that the respondents enter a end date that is equal to or greater than start date. Basically I dont want end date to be before start date

Badge +4

I am also looking for a similar solution. I have a text entry field with date format validation. I want to display a warning if they enter a date prior to today's date.

Badge +3

I am also looking for a way to ensure the end date is after the start date - has anyone worked out how to do this yet? Thanks!

Leave a Reply