Using Loops & Merges for multiple blocks, but would like to have the same brands asked across all | XM Community
Question

Using Loops & Merges for multiple blocks, but would like to have the same brands asked across all

• 15 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi there -
I'm working on a survey to ask a series of brand attributes for 3 randomly selected brands. Because there are multiple attribute topics, I'd like to split them up in different blocks but have the same brands asked about in all of my loops. Is there a way to do this?
Also: is there a way to use a single brand list but prioritize certain brands? (Ideally, I'd like to have a maximum of three brands asked, but at least 1 of those need to be from parent brand A).
Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Create a MC question with your brands and use choice display logic and/or advanced randomization to display three. Hide the question with JavaScript. Then base your loops off the displayed choices in the hidden question.
If you can't do the prioritization using a combination of display logic and advanced randomization, you can do a variation of the above. Use JavaScript to select the three random brands in the hidden question according to your prioritization rules, then base the loops off the selected choices.

Leave a Reply