Batch editing of HTML per BLOCK? | XM Community
Solved

Batch editing of HTML per BLOCK?

Badge

Hello Community,
Does it possible to edit a bulk of HTML code per block?
For example:
Block 1 contains 3 Questions + 1 HTML Code Image links like:
Question 1
www.example.com/images/Cell_1_smile.jpg
Question 2
www.example.com/images/Cell_1_Question.jpg
Question 3
www.example.com/images/Cell_1_test.jpg

Now my idea is to do:
-Rename every Cell_1 to Cell_2 in Block 2
-Rename every Cell_1 to Cell_3 in Block 3

Thats just an example: in real situation i have more than 18 Block and 30 Questions per Block. Its a lot of work to swap the questions and editing the HTML Code. (18x30 = 324x steps)

Regards
Markus

icon

Best answer by rondev 18 June 2020, 12:21

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Yes, you can create an embedded data (LinkPart) and before every block update the value of that embedded data.
So the link would be like - www.example.com/images/${e://Field/LinkPart}_smile.jpg

Badge

Thanks for you quick response!

Can you show me an example? I am a bit confused to do that.
Im just startin to learn qualtrics.

Kind Regards
Markus

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Create an embedded data 'LinkPart' at start of the survey flow and assign 'Cell_1' value to it, which is value of block 1 URL.
All the links in question of all the blocks will be same as below except _smile, _Question, etc. would be different in different questions:
 www.example.com/images/${e://Field/LinkPart}_smile.jpg
Now, before block 2 add an embedded data element and update "LinkPart" value to "Cell_2", similarly before the other blocks also, update the value of LinkPart embedded data to respective value.

Badge

Hi rondev,
that was easy, thank you so much!

Possible to make a preview in block view or in editor, too? i cant see the image. i know i dont get a variable to see. in Full preview it works fine, but i would be nice to see the image in editor, too.
Do you know a techniq to use variables in Heatmap question types, too?

Badge

ah Heatmaps are not really important. But maybe you could help me for a other problem, too...

Does it possible to align the elements from left to right instead top to down?
And if i put a element into a group, it would be better if the elements arrange side by side and not stacking.

grouping question type.jpg

Leave a Reply