Bypassing fill upload question to upload audio file | XM Community
Question

Bypassing fill upload question to upload audio file

• 18 June 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi there,
Thank you in advance for your help! I'm trying to have the survey respondents record an audio clip and then upload the audio as a response to a question. So far I've figured out how to create a blob in the browser and there is a way for the user to download the recorded audio file. They can then upload the downloaded file via the File Upload function. (Using this tutorial here: https://blog.addpipe.com/using-recorder-js-to-capture-wav-audio-in-your-html5-web-site/)
However, to save the users time, I wonder if there's a way to directly upload the created Blob file using Javascript on the back-end, saving the users the additional 3 clicks to upload the file. Our respondents are incredibly busy and this can be of huge help.
Sincerely,
Allium

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Follow this instruction to integrate pipe recorder and qualtrics, as it enables direct upload of recording with response id to pipe server.

Thanks for responding to my question! I was hoping to find a workaround without paying the additional fees to Addpipe. I am a student researcher without the ability to pay for these services. If there is a way to do this without using pipe recorder, that would be great!

Leave a Reply