How to add/move a withdrawal button | XM Community
Solved

How to add/move a withdrawal button

• 18 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi,
I am trying to add a button that participants can press so that they are able to withdraw from the study at any time. Given the number of questions it would be ideal to have a button that can be in the footer of every page rather than have multiple skip logics. I have found some code and CSS which creates a button and this successfully works, however I ideally need it to be on the left and not the right so participants do not accidentally click it.
I am completely new to coding and would have no idea what to do! So if there are any suggestions on what to change I would greatly appreciate it!
I have attached images of the code and CSS used
code.pngCSS.png
Thank you

icon

Best answer by Danh123 23 March 2021, 15:05

View original

3 replies

Hi Danh,
Were you ever able to resolve this? I am having a similar issue. I followed the directions in this guide and created a nice in-page button, located on the left and formattable to be good for computer or mobile users, but the script seems to be wrong because the button is there but it's dead; I can't make it actually end the survey and wipe the responses, though that is what the guide says it should do.
I reached out to the author yesterday; no response yet.

http://pearl.maurissahunter.com/Documents/WithdrawButton-Instructions.pdf

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

BrianVisconti Search the forum for "End Survey" and you'll see that there are a few discussions where poeple have sucessfully implemented what you are aiming for.

Hi there,

I was able to solve this problem using the following code (images below). I had to change the theme of the survey in the look & feel -> old editor to 'qualtrics 2014'. I think the theme can sometimes stop the button working.
code.PNGCSS.PNG

Leave a Reply