Setting up email trigger based on 2 separate but linked respondents | XM Community
Solved

Setting up email trigger based on 2 separate but linked respondents

• 24 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi,
I am setting up a series of surveys for a couples study and would like to trigger emails with unique survey links to 2 partners after BOTH have completed a screening survey (individually). I could hypothetically just manually check the data and then email new surveys, but my IRB approval is based on not accessing the contact information during data collection AND only collecting data from people if both partners are deemed eligible. There will be "couple ids" for each pair of respondents that will be embedded and piped through surveys to link the data for analysis, but I can't figure out how to automatically trigger survey emails based on both partners. In other words, I have participants A and B, who are a couple. A completes the eligibility survey and 5 days later B also completes the survey-when B finishes, this will trigger emails to A and B, each with a unique link to the next survey in the sequence. I was thinking that I could create a new contact list and as a participant finishes their eligibility survey, their email/contact info, including couple id, is added to the new list. At the same time, it also checks to see if there is already an email in the list associated with the same couple id in the list-if so, this triggers emails to A and to B with their individual links. I can't seem to figure out how to run this kind of conditioning/query-is it possible?

icon

Best answer by LaurenK 14 July 2020, 20:21

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi AliW! It looks like you were able to reach out to the Support team about this and they were able to find a solution to one of your scenarios and send you a video! However, for the second scenario, there is no solution to automatically distribute a survey to both participants because there is nothing linking the participants together (ie, one survey isn't being triggered by another).

Leave a Reply