What does 0 clicks mean on a survey? | XM Community
Question

What does 0 clicks mean on a survey?

• 25 June 2020
  • 3 replies

I am conducting a survey and on the click count feature of the Timing questions, I can see how many clicks participants make on each page. A few of my respondents have 0 to little clicks on their pages so I am wondering how that can be possible? Does that mean they are a bot? Any insight will help!

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

Hi!!

you can activate bot detection in the survey option to confirm that hipotesis. are you recording partial responses?. maybe those are from people leaving the survey

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/27171#Comment_27171Thank you for your response! Unfortunately, I am unable to activate bot detection and I am not referring to partial responses, but rather a survey fully filled. In this context, do you know why I would still be getting zero to very few clicks? I appreciate your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Zero clicks means they are using javascript to click the buttons.
Their responses will be highly unreliable and I've been advised to throw them out.
After I saw 0 clicks for the first time, I started implementing attention and bot checks. All passed the bot checks, but most failed the attention checks. I had run the survey on MTurk and got around 20 completed responses out of close to 900 attempts. A significant number of the failures (~ 30%) had zero clicks.

Leave a Reply