user time out and "draft" | XM Community
Solved

user time out and "draft"

Badge +3

• Someone said the survey timed out after 5 minutes. I have not been able to replicate this issue, but the committee is concerned people won’t have enough time to fill in the answers.

• The committee want people to be able to “save” the answers and come back to them. The survey is set to automatically save, but the concern is that there’s no “save draft” button to make it obvious to users than can leave and come back.

icon

Best answer by rondev 25 June 2020, 16:58

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The committee want people to be able to “save” the answers and come back to them. The survey is set to automatically save, but the concern is that there’s no “save draft” button to make it obvious to users than can leave and come back. => You can change the Next button text to "Save" using block options -> Next/ previous button text. Also, to enable respondent to view their response of previous page, you can enable the previous button using survey options. However under certain situations like branch logic, skip logic, and sometime display logic, previous button may get disabled on certain pages.

Badge +3

Thank you! that's helpful! Any suggestions about the timing out by chance?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/27180#Comment_27180Can you check the difference in start time and end time of the respondent who said got only 5 minutes to complete the survey, in the data and analysis tab.

Badge +3

Hmmm... I'll try that!

I am having a similar problem and its been reported to me by multiple staff members. The exact verbiage is:
"Your session was outdated, but we have updated you to your most resent response"
None of the responses entered prior to this were saved. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have had this happen to two different people, " your session was out dated..." none of their answers were saved. How do I fix it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Please refer to the Survey Experience section of the support pages. Specifically save and continue.
image.png

They were in the middle of the survey when it timed out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Oh! I've had that happen a few times. But I doubt my case applies to you, because, I had updated the survey and closed all active sessions to ensure the respondents were on latest version.

Badge

"They were in the middle of the survey when it timed out"
We've had the same issue in my company. Would appreciate to understand why this is happening as it is damaging not only our account managers' trust in the system, but also their relationship with our clients/our client experience...

Userlevel 3
Badge +15

SophieS I am also having this same issue. Were you able to figure out why the survey timed out?

Badge

KristiA I'm afraid I haven't... I was hoping someone from qualtrics would shed some light on this matter...

Leave a Reply