Brand admin: Find survey owner from anonymous link url

riceballriceball Community Member Qubie ✭

Brand admin: Find survey owner from anonymous link url

I'm a brand admin. Pretty frequently, I'll get an email from a user saying, "Can you transfer ownership of this survey to me?" with an anonymous URL link to a survey, e.g. https://tufts.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3EIZOMF8SQyxZ.

They never know who the original owner is, so I have to figure it out. Right now, I start with that person's immediate coworkers and former team members, searching for each potential user in the Users panel of the admin console, then clicking on them to see a list of their surveys, then clicking on any survey whose name seems like it might match the survey in question. It takes forever to start with the most likely users and work in an expanding network, combing through surveys one by one.

Is there any place in Qualtrics that I, as a brand admin, can put in a survey URL and find the account that owns the survey?

Best Answers

• MatthewMMatthewM Chicago, ILCommunity Member Sage ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Hi @riceball,

Under the current setup, assuming your Admin views are the same as mine, I think the best way you can find the survey is to go to the Admin tab, then Reports.

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Export Stats to CSV" button. Select "Survey Stats" for Export type. You should be able to search for the survey by the "SV_" code in the URL within the Survey ID column and identify the owner.

Hope this works!

Accepted Answer

Also meant to add that this might be a good submission for a New Product Idea.

• riceballriceball Community Member Qubie ✭
    Accepted Answer

UPDATE! THERE IS AN EASIER WAY.

There's literally a search, it's just in a non-intuitive place. In the Admin tab, if you go to "Users" section, there's "Survey / User ID" as something you can paste a survey ID into and search for, and it'll pop up the associated user.

Answers

• riceballriceball Community Member Qubie ✭

Hi @MatthewM thank you for the reply!

I asked this question Friday, and it's now Monday, and the reports section looks totally different. Thank you for your answer - it works! Except that now it's under Legacy Report" and who knows how long until that goes away. For anyone reading this thread now that doesn't have the Legacy Report, now it's the middle vertical tab "Activity Report".

Though, it's a bit annoying as (since it's a report) you first have to pick a time range to look at/export - which isn't easy if you have no idea when the survey was created.

A New Product Idea is a great thought, I'll do that, thanks!

Oh good, glad there's a better way to do that. Thanks for letting me know!

Sign In to Comment