Digital escaperoom | XM Community
Solved

Digital escaperoom

• 19 June 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5
We want to build a digital escaperoom in Qualtrics. We build something simular already using Microsoft OneNote, but in our opinion Qualtrics is more userfriendly and the look and feel is much better. Does somebody have an example of a digital escaperoom in Qualtrics?
icon

Best answer by Akdashboard 26 June 2018, 15:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +45
This sounds like a fun project--while I don't have any examples, I'd love to see what you come up with!
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
I don't have an example, but I can venture a guess on how best to achieve this.

You could isolate particular puzzles as individual blocks and use the hot spot question type and display logic to allow people to "explore" a given room. Depending on the complexity of your puzzles, this be very difficult to execute.
Userlevel 3
Badge +6
Agree with Akdashboard. A combination of hot spot or heat map questions would let you set up right or wrong answers. You could limit the number of guesses as well. So, if you needed them to, say, click on the spyglass on the pirate ship, you could set it so that they only get three tries and that clicking that will take them to the next clue, and not clicking it would have some other outcome (like skipping to another block or kicking them out completely). It'd be tedious to do and you'd need to sort of flowchart it out on paper first, but it sounds fun! Hmmmm, now I wanna try it just for fun. Good luck!

Leave a Reply