Drag same item from list into multiple groups | XM Community
Solved

Drag same item from list into multiple groups

• 29 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hello all!
I was wondering, is it possible to drag the same item into multiple groups? For instance, in the example below, how can I drag "eggs" from the list into both Quiche and Scrambled eggs? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
Angela
Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 2.28.26 PM.png

icon

Best answer by TomG 29 June 2020, 21:20

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

It isn't possible.
Probably the closest you could come to it is a multi-select matrix, but that wouldn't include ranks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Agreed with TomG , you can also break the question, first create multichoice questions for each group and then carryforward the selection to new rank order question for each multi choice questions.

Badge

Interesting. I don't actually care about the rank ordering and just need the drag and drop function. Does that change anything?

Badge

rondev you mentioned creating multichoice questions for each group...where can one create multichoice questions by group? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/27338#Comment_27338No, you can use a Matrix drag and drop instead which doesn't have ranks, but that is still only single answer. As I said previously, you could use a multi-select Likert matrix instead. It will give you the data you want, but is a different user experience.

Leave a Reply