Reminder emails for linked longitudinal surveys | XM Community
Solved

Reminder emails for linked longitudinal surveys

• 30 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,
I have set up a longitudinal survey, upon filling in the baseline survey participants are added to a contact list. I have then set up three action tasks so that follow up surveys are distributed at 1, 3 and 6 months. At each follow up I have also scheduled a reminder email after 5 days which should only be sent if the participant does not complete the survey in that time.
However, upon testing the reminder emails are sent to everyone, regardless of whether or not they have filled in the follow up survey. Why might this be and how can I ensure that only participants who haven't filled in the surveys receive the reminders?
We don't want to risk annoying participants by sending them reminders for a survey they have already completed which could negatively affect long term retention. Similarly though, it is a large trial so we do need the reminders to ensure we aren't having to chase too many participants by phone, so it is important to get this right.
Would really appreciate any advice, thanks in advance!
Melissa

icon

Best answer by LaurenK 14 July 2020, 20:55

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi MelissaOldham! It looks like you reached out to our Support team regarding this issue and they were able to find the root cause! It sounded like your reminder settings within the distribute survey task had a time set to send the reminder email. Even though you had set the reminder delay to 1 day, as soon as the time specified was met and the respondents hadn't submitted their answers yet, the reminder emails were sent. This meant that for your current settings, instead of 24 hrs to complete the follow-up survey, respondents had until the specified time on the next day.

Leave a Reply