Skip logic & default answers | XM Community
Question

Skip logic & default answers

• 1 July 2020
  • 1 reply

I have 4 questions in a survey - 1, 1.1, 1.2, and 2 -

1. is yes/no

1.1 and 1.2 are multiple choice with 5 options and the recode values are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2 . is yes no
Skip logic: if no is selected for question 1, it skips to question 2. If yes is selected, it goes to 1. 1 and 1.2
The recode values are used to produce a score. My problem is, if No is selected for question 1 (and 1.1 and 1.2 are skipped) I would like the recode values for 1.1 and 1.2 to automatically be set to "1" - instead of skipping and being zero. (and if "yes" is selected they get to choose between the multiple choice options). Is it possible to do this without JavaScript.... and if not what would the JS be and where would I put it -- thanks!

Basically - if "no" is selected for 1, i would like the answers for 1.1 and 1.2 to be automatically set to option 1 (where the recode value is one), but i would not like these questions to be shown to the user. (even though the answers would be used in the scoring)

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

To do this without js, you can use embedded data fields in the survey flow. Create two embedded data fields that are both equal to 1 and then create a branch where if q1 is yes, overwrite those embedded data field to be equal to the recoded values of 1.1 and 1.2.

Leave a Reply