Workarounds to get a Drill Down question's answers as part of display logic | XM Community
Solved

Workarounds to get a Drill Down question's answers as part of display logic

• 1 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have a drill down that includes 3 questions and would like the second question as part of display logic for later questions in my survey. What are some workarounds to achieve this? I was thinking of having a hidden text-response question populated by the 2nd question via Javascript and have the display logic refer to this hidden question, but that doesn't seem possible on a text-field.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by SaurabhPujare_Ugam 1 July 2020, 15:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi bkimup ,
You can create an embedded variable in the survey flow and capture the value selected at Drill Down 2 by selecting the drill down question from the drop down followed by the name of the drop down field.
Later you can use this embedded variable as the display logic on any question. (refer screenshot #2)
In the below screenshot:
I have added an embedded variable.
Then selected my drill down question from the list followed by name of the field referencing the Drill Down 2.
Hope this helps.
screenshot 1:
image.pngScreenshot 2:
image.png

Badge

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for the quick reply and info. Is that Javascript in the embedded variable? How do I know I'm putting in the correct ID and parameters? Right clicking to inspect the element, I see that my drilldown questions' ID is 21, but I'm not sure if I should be using ChoiceGroup and SelectedAnswers

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi Bkimup,
No need of using any JS, I believe you are referring to how would you get the value for drop down 2.
For that you need to go to survey flow and follow below steps:

1. Create and embedded variable name it accordingly.

2. In value part of the embedded variable click on the drop down arrow --> select the your drop down question from the list--> select the name of your 2nd drop down from the list of available options.

3. This will automatically pipe-in the value captured via drop down 2.

4. refer to screenshot #1 from my previous answer for the above steps.

Hope this helps.

Leave a Reply