Best Practice: End of Survey Message & Redirect | XM Community

Best Practice: End of Survey Message & Redirect

• 1 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Dear Q Community,
I'm looking for the best way to connect an End of Survey Message (no matter of default or custom message) with a redirect.
I want to avoid creating the End of Survey Message as a survey element.
Does anybody have an idea?
Thanks for your support!
Regards, Marc

5 replies

At the bottom of your survey project screen is a blue End of Survey bar. There is a link there for Survey Termination Options. You can also get to this section via Survey Options in the survey secondary menu.
You want to select "Redirect" and enter your URL in the box that comes up.
2020-08-14_16-33-33.jpg

Badge +1

I know, but where is the connection to the End of Survey Message? ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/29158#Comment_29158There is no connection, we can either have end of survey message or redirect settings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

onyxcircus You could uses the redirect option that nstarr pointed out above and create a pseudo end of survey message in your survey. I would recommend putting this as it's own block where you hide the previous and next button (you can use block settings to change the text to a space and do a sort of hide but not a good job at it - or if you are willing to get into javascript check out this post to really hide the buttons https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/249/how-can-i-hide-the-previous-and-next-buttons-on-my-survey).

This block would have two questions on one page
1) Timer question that autoadvances
2) Descriptive text question that has your end of survey message

The survey will automatically submit after the seconds you set and then the respondent will be redirected because of the link you put in the end of survey settings. This will allow you to have an end of survey message with a redirect that you don't have to set in survey flow. I wouldn't call it a best practice but a practical work around.

Badge +1

bstrahin Unfortunately I had overlooked or seen your answer and did not react anymore. So I had thought about it and after your confirmation I had done so.
Thank you both!

Leave a Reply