How to randomise questions while controlling the number | XM Community
Solved

How to randomise questions while controlling the number

Hello community,
I require a bit of help. I am attempting to create a survey which asks participants to rate 40 images. Every participant will see every image once, however I wish for it to be randomised whether they see the image in its original form or the mirror image. Ie, there will be two versions of each image, which I wish participants to randomly allocated to.
There are 20 images of females, (10 doing pose a), 10 doing pose b)) and 20 images of males (10 doing pose a), 10 doing pose b)), in essence there are 4 elements of 10 images. I was hoping that, while randomising whether the image the participant receives is flipped or original, each of these elements could have an even number of original and flipped images (5 flipped, 5 original). In essence, in each of the 4 elements of 10 images, 5 images will be randomly chosen to be flipped and 5 will be randomly chosen to be original for all participants.
I apologise if this is unclear or confusing. I am happy to clarify anything in the thread.
Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Mishraji 3 July 2020, 19:31

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

Did you try the randomizer feature available in the survey flow?
This has the option to evenly distribute elements. You can break down your original and flipped images into different blocks and set it to evenly distribute.
In addition also apply question randomisation to randomize questions within each block.

Thank you, I will give that a go!

Leave a Reply