How to set Q_TotalDuration within a block | XM Community
Solved

How to set Q_TotalDuration within a block

• 5 July 2020
  • 3 replies

I am trying make a time limit on a block using the following suggestions here regarding branch logic and embedded data, but it seems the Q_TotalDuration does not start prior to the block, but rather still across the whole survey. Does anyone know a work around for this to where the time limit I enforce starts immediately before the block?

Cheers!

icon

Best answer by rondev 5 July 2020, 14:22

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Before the block we capture the Q_TotalDuration value in an embedded data for eg: BlockStartTime.
After the block perform a math operation i.e. Value of Q_TotalDuration - Value of BlockStartTime.
The result will be the time spent on the respective block.

I will insert a screenshot of my survey flow as it should give enough information as to what I did, but I did as what was talked about in the post, but if the participants take 5min leading up to Quiz then it shows they have only 5min left before it auto advances to the next block upon clicking the next button.
See below:
image.pngI have multiple blocks before the set ED for Q_TotalDuration, but upon branching and printing time remaining statements it seems it is still calculating it over time spent over the whole survey.
I cannot see directly what the issue is unfortunately.
Any thoughts?

Ah, I figured it out. I created a group block for the whole quiz and put the Q_TotalDuration inside the ED block within the Group block.

Leave a Reply