Branch Logic Error (why doesn't "not equal to" work?) | XM Community
Solved

Branch Logic Error (why doesn't "not equal to" work?)

Hi all,

I am writing to ask a question regarding Branch logic error. I am trying to use a branch logic to eliminate participants who do not correctly answer a bot screener question: "What is the capital of Alaska? (Don't answer. Just write the word NO)"

Using branch logic, I set Qualtrics up such that if participants do not give the correct response (that is, NO), they get an error message “Invalid Response” and they are not allowed to proceed. Please see below.
image.pngHowever, when I preview the questionnaire, I am not able to proceed even when I correctly write "NO".
image.pngDoes anyone know what the problem is? I really don't understand why this error occurs. I would really appreciate it if anyone can help me with this.

icon

Best answer by Jeon 6 July 2020, 02:04

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I tried to set up the same thing and it worked, so I don't know where your error is happening. Do you have that branch in the survey flow immediately after the block that contains the bot question and before the block(s) for the questions you want to follow?

Thanks for your reply. I later found out that I should first make sure that the question is "displayed". I had to do this because there were actually 3 questions, and one of them was randomly presented to participatns.

Leave a Reply