Intercept Logic Is Triggering in Both QA and Prod environments | XM Community
Solved

Intercept Logic Is Triggering in Both QA and Prod environments

Hey folks,
Newbie here. Just getting started with Qualtrics CX Intercepts and running into a problem.
I've set up an intercept with the 'contains' variable and a QA environment URL e.g. wwwqa.site.com, however when I activate the intercept, its launching the survey in BOTH our QA (wwwqa.site.com) and Prod (www.site.com) environments. Its triggering the correct creative so its not conflicting with another rule - but just not solely in the QA site.
I've even tried to use the "IS" variable on the URL - and funny enough, the intercept doesn't pop up at all in either environment :/
I've gone over some of the other intercepts set up on our site by our integrator, and am literally copying the set up and just substituting the URLs, so I don't think I'm wrong in the rules creation.
Any insights on what I might be missing?

icon

Best answer by JBzz 8 July 2020, 21:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Are you able to show a screenshot of all your display logic (with certain parts blurred if necessary)?
Also, I don't know how much you can test if it's showing up in production, but you can try passing recorded site history as an embedded data field (you have to add it as embedded data in the intercept project and also add the field to the survey flow in the survey project) to see how Qualtrics is reading the urls it's hitting and seeing if that matches with your logic.

I found my answer. There were two action sets in my intercept - and I had only put logic in 1. So when I activated it, the one with no logic just popped up on our prod site.

I knew it was something so trivial - but thanks for responding!

Leave a Reply