Which page's browser information is recorded in metadata variable UserAgent? | XM Community
Solved

Which page's browser information is recorded in metadata variable UserAgent?

Userlevel 1
Badge

It is said I can add UserAgent in the survey flow to record the agent's browser and device information. I wonder if the agent using different device and different browsers in different pages of the survey. Which page's browser information is recorded in UserAgent? I added UserAgent in the beginning of the survey flow before the first page of my survey is shown. Is the answer depending on where I add UserAgent as embedded data in the survey flow?

icon

Best answer by SaurabhPujare_Ugam 9 July 2020, 14:49

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi Pei_2009 ,

Yes, the position of the UserAgent embedded data in survey flow does matter.
Let say you have two blocks block 1 and block 2 and you have placed the UserAgent variable between the two blocks.
In this case, if respondent starts the survey with chrome and changes the browser to Mozilla before completing the block 1 questions and continues using Mozilla for the rest of the survey then in the UserAgent you will have Mozilla as a browser instead of chrome.

Userlevel 1
Badge

SaurabhPujare_Ugam Thanks so much for your answer. One quick follow-up question. I did not add UserAgent in the survey flow when I collected the data. I added UserAgent after the data is already collected. In this situation, does the position of the UserAgent embedded data in survey flow still matter?

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi Pei_2009
Not sure about this one, however, if you have not added the UserAgent variable while collecting the responses and added it later, I believe it captures the information of the last used browser.

Userlevel 1
Badge

SaurabhPujare_Ugam This is also what I thought from my intuition. Thanks a lot for your asnwer.

Leave a Reply