Recoding text entry question to use as categorical filter in Vocalize dashboard | XM Community
Question

Recoding text entry question to use as categorical filter in Vocalize dashboard

• 9 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi All,
I have a survey that asked for respondent occupation, in a text entry question. Since this is open-response, people responded with many variations of the same job category (teacher, first grade teacher, HS teacher, etc). Now that I am working on a dashboard, I would like to categorize these to use as a filter in the Vocalize dashboard. In the dashboard data mapper, I have recoded these responses to make it categorical (teacher, police officer, etc), using the format of Text Set along with the recode editor. So for example, first grade teacher, and teacher both would be recoded as 'teacher'.
However, in Vocalize, the original responses STILL appear in the page filter when choosing this new recoded field (not the recoded text). Also, I tried bucketing in the survey data an analysis, but this also does not seem to allow text entry to be used in a bucketing variable. Seems there is no way to do this.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to recategorize text responses, to be used as a filter in Vocalize?
Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi Timso,

You can use textiQ to categories and group the text responses in a single topic and later use this topic as a filter.
Find more information about the textiQ here

Leave a Reply