API (and Community submission form) woes | XM Community

API (and Community submission form) woes

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

It looks like the API documentation website has changed, making it really difficult to find things. I'm trying to find the API call for deleting responses to make sure the API didn't change yesterday and is causing my responses to be deleted instead of replaced. Where the heck is the API references to handling responses?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi w.patrick.gale! I've forwarded your feedback on to the team that owns the API documentation. For completed responses, they are under the section: Survey Responses

If the survey response is in progress the API you are looking for would be under the Survey Sessions (or Survey Taking) APIs

API behaviors should not change. If you believe an API behavior has changed, please file a ticket with our Support team!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I finally found a link to the response delete API reference here:
{"embed-error": true}I have no idea how I found it. There is no longer a navigation tree to find things on this site. (Ugggh, when I paste the URL into this submission field it gets converted to a 'Request failed with status code 500'...see attached screenshot). Here is the URL to the API reference:
https://api.qualtrics.com/guides/reference/singleResponses.json/paths/~1surveys~1%7BsurveyId%7D~1responses~1%7BresponseId%7D/delete
Screenshot_2020-07-10 API (and Community submission form) woes.pngThe API site needs a 'Feedback' feature like this one.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

The new API site is really difficult to navigate the left menu pane. If you open a page the left pane does NOT show its scrollbar unless you happen to know it exists and you hover over it to make it appear. If you go to https://api.qualtrics.com/guides/reference/singleResponses.json/paths/~1surveys~1%7BsurveyId%7D~1responses~1%7BresponseId%7D/delete
for example, the highlighted left nav section doesn't even appear unless you scroll down the left nav, which seems rather silly. The behavior of the left nav scrolling is horrible, to put it lightly.
The search function also misses the mark. If you search for 'Delete a Survey Response' for instance, it doesn't even come close (see below).
Screenshot_2020-07-10 Guides.png

Leave a Reply