Complex randomization for within-subject design | XM Community
Solved

Complex randomization for within-subject design

• 13 July 2020
  • 1 reply

I would like participants to be presented information in six different formats (format = 6 conditions, within-subject factor). So that participants are not presented each format in the same story, I created six different stories (story = 6 conditions, within-subject factor). Ultimately I would like participants to read each story and each format, but never see more than one version of each story and never see more than one version of each format.
So participants can be randomly assigned to view one of the six formats in story 1. However for story 2, I would like them to be randomly assigned to view one of the five remaining formats (excluding the format that was presented in story 1). For story 3, I would like them to be randomly assigned to view one of the four remaining formats (excluding the formats that were presented in story 1 and story 2). Eventually for the final story there would be only one possibility, the format that has yet to be presented.
Any help on the most straightforward way to execute this would be extremely appreciated.

icon

Best answer by ChristianB 7 August 2020, 19:53

View original

1 reply

Badge

Hi dawk20d! If you have not yet already, I'd recommend reaching out to our Support team on this, as they might be able to work with you on some ideas for achieving this goal!

Leave a Reply