Population Loop & Merge with item from another Loop & Merge | XM Community
Solved

Population Loop & Merge with item from another Loop & Merge

I need to split a Loop & Merge that has 12 pairs of Easy words & 12 pairs of Hard words into two Loop & Merges later in a survey with randomly selected values from the first Loop & Merge, each containing 6 pairs of Easy & 6 pairs of Hard words. So I created a Easy List Loop & Merge & Hard List Loop & Merge, each piping text for the choices of MC questions, with Field 1 populating Choice 1 & Field 2 populating Choice 2. I recode values of the variable names as Cue Word (choice 1) & Target Word (choice2). Then I am trying to pipe that text into the split Loop & Merge later in the survey, like this:
image.pngQID38 is the Hard List & will select 6 pairs to pipe into this Loop & Merge as well.
Then I try to display these using text: ${lm://Field/1}/${lm://Field/2}, but it is blank. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks!

icon

Best answer by philsfever 7 August 2020, 20:12

View original

2 replies

Badge

Hi philsfever! I would guess that the issue here comes from using the piped text in both the Loop & Merge and then the following question/block, but a more concrete answer could definitely come from reaching out to our Support team!

Sorry, I thought that I responded to this. Support told me that what I want to do is not possible through Loop & Merge, so I created a New Idea. My workaround was to create 4 different random conditions & use Randomizer - each with it's own Loop & Merge. Would save a lot of time & look more "clean" to be able to use elements from an existing Loop & Merge. Here is the link to the New Idea...

Leave a Reply