Combining 3 surveys in 3 different languages, and letting them select language at beginning | XM Community
Question

Combining 3 surveys in 3 different languages, and letting them select language at beginning

• 18 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Dear all,
I didn't realize that Qualtrics had a translation-feature. I manually set up three different surveys, that are identical in structure.
I would like the participants to be able to select one of the three languages and then be redirected to their specific survey.

• I saw that one option would be to have a redirect-URL at the beginning of one of the surveys. But I think this wouldn't be optimal as a new window/tab would pop up and lead to complications. Also, the flow should be such, that it seems as if they weren't redirected but in the same survey still. Is there a way around this problem without merging the surveys?

• Another option would be to "merge" them using the translate-feature in one survey and copy paste the text from the other surveys into it. Is there a way to merge them using some degree of automation?

• Maybe there is some other way I could do this I haven't been thinking about?

Thank you very much for your help.
Best regards

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Since the survey is not live yet, it is recommended to create only one survey with all translations. So either you can do it manually like copying and pasting the language or you can use importing translation method.

Leave a Reply