Is there a way to automatically delete an email address response? | XM Community

Is there a way to automatically delete an email address response?

• 24 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello all!
I am planning to do a couple survey where partner A fills out the email address field with their partner B's email address. Due to privacy/anonymity/consent issues, I need the data to be deleted immediately after the trigger email has been sent, so I don't get to see it by any chance. It mustn't appear in my response results and I cannot delete it myself (manually).
Is there a way to automatically delete the response to the question on the email address after sending it directly to Participant B via the trigger email?
Thanks and kind regards

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You can try this method:
In a single text entry question get the email address and set that to an embedded data and then make text entry blank on page submit using JS.
Now make use of this API to create an external API that will update the email embedded data blank, this API will be hit from the end of survey element

Badge

Hi GirlAlmighty93, currently facing a similar challenge. Interested in whether you got this to work, and if so might be willing to share the code?
Similarly rondev if you would be willing to share further details regarding your solution, that would be most helpful (API newbie here)!
Thank you!

Leave a Reply