Remove the space between questions. | XM Community
Solved

Remove the space between questions.

Hi, I wanted to know if there is any way to remove the space between two questions. I have already found some codes to remove the space after a question. I wanted to know if there is also a code which allows to remove the space before a question so I can add both codes and reduce the space even further.

icon

Best answer by SurajK 27 July 2020, 17:17

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi,
you can use the below code to remove the extra space between the two questions,
jQuery('.Separator').css('display','none');
If you have 2 questions and question text is only supposed to show in first question then you can also add the below code,
jQuery('.QuestionText').eq(1).css('display','none');

Thank you for your answer SurajK. I actually have more than two questions in one block, but I want to remove the space between two of them. Can you please tell me if I should add the codes to the first or the second question?

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

You can add it in first or second question, anyway should work.

Thank you for your help. I tried it on one of the questions and it worked. I don't know why but after that I can't use it anymore for other questions. It is a bit weird.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

It should work on other questions as well, just change the index of next question that question text needs to be hidden, in the above code jQuery('.QuestionText').eq(1) is referring to second question and the question text that needs to be hidden.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

SurajK any idea how to reduce the spacing at the very top of the survey before the first question?

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

You want to reduce the header space? then use the below code, it will reduce the space between the header and first question.
.Skin #Header {
   padding-bottom: 0 !important;
}

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thank you.

Using the suggested code 👇️ didn't work for me:
jQuery('.Separator').css('display','none');

Rather, using the code below did work:
jQuery('.Separator').css('height','0px');

Thanks

Badge

I used this code to remove the space between Q1 and Q2 in a survey and it worked fine. However, I tried on another question on the last page of the survey and it doesn't work. Unfortunately, I don't have any coding experience. Any ideas?
jQuery('.QuestionText').eq(1).css('display','none');

Badge

I am new to Qualtrics.
Where do I insert the jQuery code ?

Badge

How would I control/reduce the space between a form field and a text /graphic field?
(screenshots included for reference below)
Screenshot1 - text-graphic field.pngScreenshot2 - text-graphic field.png

Leave a Reply