Terminate if all categories selected on a previous question was selected on the current question

rarcegararcega CanadaCommunity Member Qubie ✭

Terminate if all categories selected on a previous question was selected on the current question

I have 4 questions in a survey. An occupation question, province question, an age question and a category purchased question.

Do you work for...?

1. market research company
  2. media group
  3. advertising company
  4. home improvement store
  5. pharmacy store
  6. liquor store
  7. none of these

Province:

1. Alberta
  2. Quebec
  3. Ontario
  4. None

1. Under 18
  2. 18
  3. 19
  4. 20-34
  5. and so on

Category purchased:

1. pharmacy
  2. liquor
  3. home improvement
  4. none

How can I determine if a respondent works (occupation) in all categories that they selected in the 'category purchased' question so I can screen them out?

Best Answer

• SurajKSurajK IndiaCommunity Member Sage ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Hi @rarcega ,

You can compare the selected choice recode of both the questions and terminate. Create 2 embedded variable and pipe the selected choice recode in it and after that using the branch logic compare if both are same then terminate. See below,

Answers

• rarcegararcega CanadaCommunity Member Qubie ✭

So for this to work, the recodes for the category purchased should be the same as the occupation question? For example, occupation is 5 for pharmacy and therefore it should be 5 for pharmacy on the category purchased question too?

• SurajKSurajK IndiaCommunity Member Sage ✭✭✭

Yes, that's correct. Ideally we should keep the recode values same for the similar option throughout the survey.

Sign In to Comment